GemArts is seeking artist(s) to work on participatory creative writing projects with young people and women. Projects will develop work on a variety of themes including; Isolation, Hate Crime Awareness and for International Mother Tongue Day, promoting awareness of linguistic and cultural diversity and multilingualism.
Workshops will start February 2017, days/times negotiable.
The Artist will be required to:
- Plan, deliver and engage participants in creative workshops
- Work in close consultation with GemArts & partners
- Work towards achieving the aims of the individual projects
Artist must demonstrate the following:
- Experience of working within schools and/or with vulnerable/socially excluded young people/adults
- Able to engage participants in creating high quality work
- Experience of working with arts organisations and public/voluntary sector agencies
- Hold an enhanced DBS disclosure
- Experience of delivering Arts Award would be an advantage
Please send expression of interest with the following information:
- 3 examples of recent, relevant participatory arts work
Deadline: 19 January 2017, 12noon
We will save applicants details on our freelance database incase of future opportunities. If you would prefer not to be included on this please indicate with your application.
GemArts is a dynamic arts development organisation - we profile and programme innovative and exciting culturally diverse arts, by creating and developing high quality concerts, events, festivals, workshops and commissions with regional, national and international artists across all art forms.
Over the course of a year we:
- programme 25+ high profile performances, exhibition, events and commissions,
- work with 120 artists across all art forms,
- engage with over 9,000 children and young people in our participatory arts programme,
- attract over 70,000 audience members from all communities to our performance/exhibition programme.
Our Vision: We believe the arts enrich the lives of individuals and communities through celebrating our shared cultural diversity – Raising aspirations, building stronger communities and breaking down barriers.
Our Mission: To increase equality of opportunity for everyone to engage with culturally diverse arts - as producers, participants and audiences.
GemArts is part of Gateshead Visible Ethnic Minorities Support Group. Charity no. 1008100
• Post ID: 19992957 newcastle